Thursday, March 10, 2011

Paper Flower Fun

Today I made my first box top paper flower and I'm hooked! I saw this tutorial last night and just had to try it! It's so easy! I didn't have double sided paper that I wanted to use for the flower so I used some single sided paper and sprayed the white side with a mixture of water, alcohol ink and pearl powder, I love how that turned out, and I will be doing this more often.


The paper I used is a collection called "Melody Ross" by GCD Studios This paper is so me! The alcohol ink colors were pink sherbert and watermellon. I cut my scalloped circles at 4" and then 3.5 inches.

A couple of weeks ago I also watched this tutorial on how to make a paper rose, so I gave it a try and loved it as well. Roses are my favorite flower after all! I used some flowers I'd cut from an old book. I didn't ink the flower until it was put together, which I will not do next time. Ink / color your layers first....
Ignore the red ribbon in the background please. I am now officially hooked on making paper flowers, it's so easy and fun! I imagine my craft room will be covered in paper flowers very very soon!

Thank you Lasting Memories for the awesome videos!

Have a very blessed day!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So beautiful and detailed! Love it!

Connie said...

Thank you Jennifer!

DeeDee said...

WOW! Cool flowers Connie! I must try those! Thanks for visiting my blog! Check back tomorrow for a giveaway! :)

Connie said...

Thank you Dee Dee!