Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sweet Doily Card

You all are doing Halloween and fall stuff, I'm here doing cute pink girly stuff. What can I say? This is a card I just made for the Cricut Circle Blog challenge this week, it's "Think Pink." When I saw the challenge I knew I would be using Cindy Loo, it just screams cute and pink to me.
I made the base of the card by welding two shadow layers from the doily together-overlapping a little bit so I could fold the card. The black layer is the same scalloped shadow circle. The top layer is the round fawn doily. The base of the card and the top layer were cut from the same piece of paper, my beloved Core'dinations Gemstone....love this stuff! The "bling" is small aquamarine heat set stones. This actually was a very quick and easy card (a first for me!) I'm not sure what occasion I'll use it for, so I didn't add a sentiment or anything on the inside yet. This card makes me smile and feel happy, so I guess that's good!

On another subject, Susan and I finally got to get crafty yesterday and we had sooo much fun! We started off at the Oh Crop! monthly crop in Frisco and then moved the craziness to my house for a while. I successfully got Susan hooked on making shape/word books! She's making a gorgeous book for her sister. Hopefully in the near future she will be posting pictures of it here on our blog. YEAH!

Well that's all for now...hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Thanks and I love yours too.

Crafting Katie said...

What a beautiful card! I love it!

Jana Eubank said...

Love the way you used Cindy Loo here. :)

Connie said...

Thank you ladies! :)

Anonymous said...

That's so pretty! Love all the bling!