Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Almost 2011!

Last week just before Christmas I was able to do this layout. It's been bugging me that I'm behind a couple months in our scrapbook (I know, I know, stop groaning everyone!) I can't stand being behind. I've never done separate books for my kids, so it's just one main book I do (they can all fight over the pages later if they want them!) Anyhow I had these very un interesting pics of my son when we started school back up this past August and I had been dreading trying to do a layout. Well then it came to me! Make a huge robot and focus on the fact that Michael loves science and robots....ta-da! It came together quite easily. Never mind the pictures show him working on his history time line...we'll ignore that fact.
So I cut the robot out at like 11 inches, that sure makes piecing them together so much easier! This robot reminds me of my dear son "I didn't do that!" I embossed his head, chest, and shoes with the tiny mosaic folder. I also cut a base layer of the robot out of chipboard to give him a little more dimension. I cut the words out of chipboard as well using the Don Juan font. I inked the living daylights out of the letters with Vintage Photo, Fried Brick and black  ink pads. The blue background behind the letters was a grayish paper that I lightly inked with a Stormy Sky ink pad. The trouble word bubble was cut with Indy Art, this was white paper I inked with the Vintage Photo and Antique Linen, I also cut this out of chipboard as well. I am actually very happy with this layout now and can move onto the next challenge....

This week I seem to be sewing doll dresses again, so I will try and post some pictures of them soon.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a terrific New Year too!
                 (image is from The Graphics Fairy)

No comments: