Sunday, November 21, 2010

Layout with Gathered Ribbon

Hi all! This is actually a re-do layout from my daughter's birthday. I just wasn't happy with the one I did a few months ago, so today I decided a do-over was in order! The little library card was already done from a previous challenge so that made this layout much easier. I didn't photograph the matching page to this layout, I only put the typewriter card on that page (seeing how I made it HUGE.) I decided today would be a fun day to try adding ruffled/pleated ribbon to a page. I don't seem to do many girlie pages any more.
I stitched the ribbon on my sewing machine, making pleats as I went, it also gathered a little too which helped me round my corners. I put red tacky tape all around the edge of the photo mat-on the back side, then carefully added my pleated ribbon. It was actually pretty easy and a LOT of fun! On a side note, I have to say again how much I love my Chloe!(Gypsy) I was able to make 3 double page layouts in just over a day! Because I had pre-planned what I wanted to scrap, all I had to do was connect her to my Cricut and pick paper (now that takes me a while!) Later I'll try and take pictures of the other layouts from this weekend, all birthdays!

Hope you all have a great week, and have a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you joined us at Frosted Designs!!! I love your ribbon pleats framing your pictures!

Connie said...

Thank you Lori!

Barb Craft said...

Great LO! I love your pocket and the way you used your ribbon to frame the photo! Thanks for taking on our ribbon challenge at Frsoted Designs this week!
barb :)