Friday, July 2, 2010

A Shaped Birthday Card (I sure hope my daughter isn't looking!)

 
Happy Almost 4th of July Everyone!!!!



I recently got Cricut's Design Studio. It took a little messing around but I think I've got it mostly figured out now. Here is my first try and a shaped card. This typewriter represents my beloved daughter's old typewriter which she has lovingly named "Eleanor." It was so great being able to size the cuts and layers in DS, any size I wanted! Yes, I know the card is rather large, but that's ok. At least I don't have to mail it. Now I'm off to make a kitty shaped card for said daughter to send her grandma, for her b-day is just one day before daughter's.
The typewriter, paper, and letters are from Doodletype. The circles for the keys are from George.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Great Job! Now a follower:)
Also I wanted you to invite you to come talk about card making and scrapbooking at my web site:) http://www.chatterscene.com
I would love to have more people over there who love it like I do:) Also check out my blog too:)

Connie said...

Thank you so much!

Doris T. said...

what an adorable card! Great job
Doris :)

Olive Juice Studio said...

This is such a cute card! I just love your blog and creations! I'm now following you too! :-)

Kim