Sunday, July 11, 2010

My First Word Book

Boy that title sounds like I'm just learning to read or something! I am working on making my first mini album which happens to be a word book as well. I decided to do the word love, as I adore making love type stuff. This is just the start of my book. I decided to use paper from one of my Basic Grey paper pads, I am so in love with this paper! I cut the base of the book pages out of cereal boxes. This is my first time ever cutting cardboard w/ my Cricut. I've got to say the Shredded Wheat box cut much easier than the Honey Bunches box, go figure that one out~
 Don't you just love the little "love birds?!" I do. They make me smile every time I look at them! They are complete with green crystal eyes that sparkle so pretty. I also glittered the white part of their faces and the pink wings.
Of course I had to add the sweet kitty to this book. Somewhere on this page or the one opposite it, it will have "smitten kitten." She's got green sparkly eyes and a pearl necklace too!
I've been waiting to make this bird house and doesn't it go great with the birdie paper behind it? I think one of the pages might say "love nest" or something like that.
I am having so much fun with this book. I can't wait to finish it!

Here's my bit 'o wisdom for the weekend....make sure when you are buying crystals and you want to hot fix them, read the packages carefully! I bought mine in a hurry and 2 of the 4 packages I got were NOT heat set and I didn't figure that out until too late. I will still use them, it will just be harder because they are so small.

Hope you all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Alma said...

I love your word book so far! And yes, the birdhouse goes great with that paper! Can't wait to see how it turns out completely.

Stacy said...

Great job so far on your book. I love the birdhouse.
Thanks so much for sharing
Stacy