Friday, May 20, 2011

A "Cool" Graduation Card

Happy Friday everyone! Here is a graduation card I made for my nephew. I was hesitant to make him one at first because I sure didn't want it to be cute in any way. I wanted to go a little edgy on this one because my nephew has his own band and plays the drums, among other things.
 I found this diamond shape on Elegant Edges-itsn't it cool? I matted it on mirror finish silver paper to make it pop. I decided instead of the usual graduation card I would do Alex's monogram instead, and I love the way it looks!. The monogram was cut using light grey card stock and it was shadowed with black. I pop dotted both the blue diamond shape and the monogram.
Inside is pretty simple, more of the diamond shape, this time without the diamond cut outs in the center, and a stamp. I also made another non traditional graduation card at the same time, but I can't show you yet because it is for Susan's daughter....  :)

Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

No comments: