Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Baker's Dozen

I wanted to share some cards Susan just finished up. She coached the little girls Upwards cheerleading team at her church this past winter and wanted to send each of her girls a special card. She made each little paperdoll look like the real girl! I curled a bunch of yarn for her to make their pom-poms with. Susan put so much work into theses cards and I think they are super adorable!!!! (I'm not just sayin that because she's my BFF!) Didn't she do a fantastic job?!!! She stickled over each girl's name so they are very glittery and fun.
 She of course used Every Day Paper Dolls for the girls and Lyrical Letters for their names.

And now to make the baker's dozen complete, here's a thank you card I made yesterday. I actually made two, I was having a very indecisive day for sure!
 The bunch of flowers is from Kate's ABC and was cut out with pages from a book of Shakespeare's works.(quick! who can tell me what tragedy I used????)  I hand dyed each layer with my alcohol inks because I knew I didn't have that many coordinating shades of pink. The thank you is from Cindy Loo. I decorated the inside of the card with a small orange flower and a bow made from my ribbon seam binding-would've shown this, but the pic turned out horrible!

Hope you all have a fantastic and blessed day!

8 comments:

Susan said...

I'm guessing "Romeo & Juliet". What do I win?! ;)
Beautiful card, by the way. I love the flowers!!

Connie said...

Good answer! Becky spotted that right away when I showed it to her. Ummmm you win....ummm...idk! :)
Thank you girl!

TheLastOfNine said...

The cards Susan made a very cute and special since she personalized them, I'm sure they loved them.

Your card is beautiful by the way, love the flowers and embossed cardstock.

Gloria

Connie said...

Thank you Gloria!

Susan said...

Thank you, Gloria! I had so much fun making them! I love those little cheerleaders....I just hope they love their cards half as much!

Tammy said...

Love both of those projects. I bet those girls like their cards. And Im going to have to invest in some more alochol inks. LOVE those flowers with the words.

Connie said...

Thank you Tammy! I have become so addicted to the inks, it's crazy!

Andi said...

Connie, I love the little cards, and your Flower card is brilliant! I want Kate's ABC's so badly! lol It's on my gotta have list that I leave next to the computer for Hubz .

I have an award for you on my blog. Congrats!
http://sparkymom76.blogspot.com/