In my bix box 'o goodies I got last week were four bottles of Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks...I've been itching to play with these for a while now. Today I got myself a big piece of freezer paper (who needs those pricey craft mats anyhow?!), my ink, some metal do-dads, plastic buttons, and flowers I cut with my dear Love Bug. Yes, I cut some flowers from a book page or two. This was a book that had fallen apart and I wanted to give this a go too. Cutting up book pages is a little fickle to say the least. I know I've seen people on the internet coloring paper flowers with this ink, but for the life of me, I can't find them now. So I resorted to experimenting myself. I ended up spraying the freezer paper with some water, added a few drops of the ink and then swirling my flowers in said concoction. The more compact flowers were much easier to work with, they didn't tear like the ones with long petals. I crumpled the flowers as I dried them with my heat gun and then I added a spritz or two of my homemade glitter mist. I dried the flowers again. I'm pretty happy with my outcome. I'm not thrilled with how my buttons turned out, sure that will take more practice. I'm loving the way my silver brads were colored to match my flowers, so pretty and vibrant. To make the brads work I put them in a little foam brad holder I had (the ones the fancy brads come in from the store) and I dropped one drop of ink on to each brad then let them dry, easy! I tried other methods too, but this seemed to work the best for me.
Yes, I know my brads are off center...that is common with me unfortunately!
Sorry I've been MIA latley, I work on my nieces mini books this past weekend, they are almost done and I'm thrilled with them! Pictures will follow soon!